Tuesday, July 25, 2017

A Little Catching Up To Do

So, after a long absence from my blog, it is time for me to catch you up on the joke that is my attempt at dating. In my last post, I talked about a date I had been on at that time. I realized that the post was very incomplete, and this is due to it just happening. Well, as good as I thought this date went, I guess I was wrong. I never heard back from her.

Fast Foward:

Having jumped quickly back into the online dating, I met another woman online that quickly took an interest in me. We met quickly one day for coffee just to meet. She "gets sick to her stomach" and needs to leave. Never hear from her again.

Fast Forward Again:

Once again, I head back into the world of online dating. I meet a teacher. Already have something to talk about as we have the same career. A couple weeks down the road, she and I meet up for dinner at a local place. I think the conversation is going well. We had planned to go dancing later that evening. She checks her phone for a split second, and explains the entire situation of having to drive 2 miles away all of a sudden to help her mom out. For those of you unfamiliar with the world of rejection, this is known as the rescue text. A planned text message or call to be received when requested as an escape a date. Anyway, we finished our meal and she left. Later on, I decided to text this woman, giving her the benefit of the doubt of the events that preceded. The only reply I got back was, "I want to thank you for dinner, but to be blunt, I don't think this will work out." Rescue text confirmed

So, here are the numbers over the past 12 months:

- First Date Then No Calls: 6
- Not Going to Work Outs: 2
- I'm Just Not In The Right Mindset For A Relationships: 1 (I'll return to her later, maybe in another blog post as we're still talking)

So there we have it, 0-10 just in the past year alone. This doesn't include the number of rejections I have received over the years.

Being that I work with math, I know to look for the common factor. In this case, the common factor is me.

Me.

This imperfect person that I have dedicated my life to developing in to someone unique. Only to be discarded time and time again. But, as the saying goes, there is someone out there for me.

Right?

Right?

..........

No comments:

Post a Comment